Hurricane Irma Recovery Efforts – How you can help:
Below are the different locations and efforts happening throughout South Florida Muslim community. All are encouraged to get involved and support these efforts. This will continue to be updated so keep checking this page. If you know of another Irma relief effort not listed, please email email@example.com to have it added to this page.
IFSF Food Pantry – The Food pantry has seen demand greatly increase after the storm, and is in need of support. You can also donate online. Contact Sr Kauser 954-907-0157 to volunteer. Address is 10875 NW 52nd St, Suite 7, Sunrise, FL 33071.
Project Downtown FLL – The homeless community in Ft Lauderdale has lost everything, as they had to leave their belongings behind when entering the hurricane shelter. PD Ft Lauderdale is desperately looking for weekly sponsors for food (Saturdays), hygiene kits, T-Shirts, New adult socks, and backpacks. Please contact Faizan at 954-802-8409. Project Downtown meets every Saturday 12:45pm at Stranahan Park 10 E. Broward Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301.
ICNA Relief / Friends of Humanity – volunteer to help with cleanup efforts in SFL and/or Naples. Contact 954-806-8283, and/or Click to register with ICNA Relief for Irma efforts. You Can donate online here.
Fannie Mae released ‘Assistance for HomeOwners affected by Hurricane Harvey and Irma.
What help is available?
If you are affected by the recent hurricanes, you are eligible to temporarily stop making your monthly mortgage payment for up to
12 months. At the end of this temporary payment break:
• You won’t have late fees.
• You won’t have delinquencies reported to the credit rating agencies.
• You won’t have to catch up on all of your payments at once..
• You can work with your servicer to resume making a mortgage payment that is similar to what you paid before the
disaster. Or if you need additional assistance, you can work with your servicer on options to keep your home.
Power Outages / Curfews
Hurricane Irma is causing widespread power outages. Visit FPL.com, or Call 1-800-4-OUTAGE (1-800-468-8243) immediately to report a power outage or a dangerous condition such as a downed power line. Or call 911 for life-threatening emergencies. Please abide by curfews set for your county. During the curfew, all pedestrian and vehicular movement is prohibited except for fire and rescue services, police services, emergency services or hospital services.
Sign up for Relief Efforts:
Click to register with ICNA Relief for Irma efforts
Official Shelters in South Florida
Click here to find a shelter near you
Masajid (Mosques) that will remain open during hurricane (Temporary unofficial shelters):
Islamic Center of Boca Raton
Islamic School of Miami
– The Mosques will be Distribution centers to help individuals with available supplies, food, etc.
– Anyone who requires medical attention, must go to an official county shelter.
– Advertised supplies and services will be provided as long as we can, and limited to availability, however we are not providing any guarantees.
– Volunteers providing the services, the owner of the facility is not responsible for the loss of personal property of the visitors, or any injuries to the visitors.
– Visitors agree to hold the volunteers, facility management, facility owners, free from any and all liability.
Whats App Group
To join a chat regarding hurricane Irma, use your phone and click this link: https://chat.whatsapp.com/IuOPyKr2eOkCCtKq80H9Mm
Miami-Dade: Phone numbers / contact information
Miami Dade Official contact numbers
Broward: Phone numbers / contact information
First Call for Help 211
Broward County Hurricane Hotline 311 or 954-831-4000
Broward Emergency Management For Special Needs Shelter Registration:
Broward County School District Hotline
Broward County Emergency Management
Pet-Friendly Hurricane Shelter Registration
Small Business Administration (SBA) 1-800-359-2227
Broward County Animal Care & Regulation
Insurance—State of Florida Department of Financial Services Hurricane Helpline
Price Gouging Hotline 1-866-966-7226
Broward County Environmental & Consumer Protection
Broward County Solid Waste and Recycling Services
Broward County Paratransit Services 1-866-682-2258
Mass Transit Rider Services 954-357-8400
Palm Beach: Phone numbers / contact information
* Fire-Rescue: 838-5420
* Police: 838-5454
* Emergency hot line for residents who are out of town: (866) 372-4150
* Rumor control hurricane hot line: 227-7070
* Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office: 688-3000
* Palm Beach County Division of Emergency Management Operations Center: 712-6400
* Florida Power & Light: (800) 4OUTAGE or (800) 468-8243
* West Palm Beach water problems: 822-2222
* American Red Cross: 833-7711
* Salvation Army: 686-3530
* United Way of Palm Beach County: 375-6600
* Town of Palm Beach United Way: 655-1919
* Good Samaritan Medical Center, 1309 N. Flagler Drive, West Palm Beach: 655-5511
* St. Mary’s Medical Center, 901 45th St., West Palm Beach: 844-6300
* West Palm Hospital, 2201 45th St., West Palm Beach: 842-6141
* JFK Medical Center, 5301 S. Congress Ave., Atlantis: 965-7300
* Bethesda Hospital East, 2815 S. Seacrest Blvd., Boynton Beach: 737-7733
Radio simulcasts for local broadcast television stations:
* WPTV News Channel 5: FM 88.9, 90.7, 92.1, 92.7, 94.7, 95.5, 98.7, 103.7, 105.5; AM 1290
* WPEC News Channel 12: FM 102.3, 103.1, 106.3, 107.9; AM 740, 980, 1450, 1470
* WPBF 25 News: FM 97.9
* Town of Palm Beach: townofpalmbeach.com
* American Red Cross: redcross.org/fl/palm-beach
* Florida Power & Light Co.: FPL.com
* National Hurricane Center: nhc.noaa.gov
* Palm Beach County Emergency Management: PBCGov.com/PublicSafety/EmergencyManagement
* Salvation Army: SalvationArmyUSA.org
* Palm Beach/Treasure Coast 211: 211PalmBeach.org
* Florida Department of Financial Services’ hurricane help line: (800) 227-8676; (850) 413-3089 for out-of-state calls
* FEMA: (800) 621-3362
* Florida Attorney General’s Fraud Hotline: (866) 966-7226
* Salvation Army donation help line: (800) SAL-ARMY (800-725-2769)
* State of Florida Emergency Information Line: (800) 342-3557
* State Volunteer and Donations Hotline: (800) FL-HELP1 (800-354-3571)
Gas stations with transfer switches
* Racetrac, 4156 W. Blue Heron Blvd., Riviera Beach: 881-8330
* Palm Beach Citgo, 810 N. Congress Ave., Riviera Beach: 848-9800
* South Florida Materials Corp., 300 W. Middle Road, Riviera Beach: 848-5660
* Murphy USA, 103 N. Congress Ave., Lake Park: 845-7830
* Racetrac, 2995 45th St., West Palm Beach: 471-1155
* BP, 1840 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd., West Palm Beach: 471-5512
* Sunoco, 3985 Lake Worth Road, Lake Worth: 304-4121